Did you know…? Only 9% of small businesses use YouTube. It’s your time to take advantage of it! If you’ve made the decision to open your YouTube channel, it’s time to push it.
Why would you upload a video that you don’t want people to see? Exactly! No one would.
That’s why I’ll tell you in these simple tips how to increase the number of plays on YouTube.
1. Content to Contribute.
Contrary to what you think, the average time people spend watching YouTube videos from their mobile is 40 minutes. Don’t you think so? It’s true!
People have chosen to give full value to the content, no matter how much time they have to invest.
2. A title that Catches the Eye.
The first thing that will catch the attention of the users, will be the title that you choose.
Remember that they will always see the one with the most eye-catching title of all.
You can take as an example the newscasts or celebrity magazines, since they always achieve eye-catching and original titles.
Don’t be moderate, you can use several words. Contrary to what you think, doing so will give you an advantage over your competition. Why? Because by including more words in your title, you will position more keywords.
3. A Good Description will make you Viral.
You can have a wonderful video on your channel, but the possibility of having visualizations without description is minimal.
People in general prefer to read a good review of what they will see, before wasting 3 minutes of their time on a video.
It also includes 2 to 4 times your keyword to improve the performance of positioning your video.
Your description should contain word combinations for the platform to show you when users search for certain topics.
4. Your Picture will Say More than a Thousand Words.
That’s right! The saying is true, even online. Include as part of your YouTube strategy a good choice for the thumbnail preview of your video.
This will make people click on it and upload your views.
5. Interact with other YouTubers.
Like any social network, it is recommended that you have interaction with other channels to get noticed.
Get into channels that have a good number of views and leave a comment with the link to one of your best videos.
You’ll see how more people will see it!
I recommend you to do it, without abusing. Try to do it from time to time and periodically.
Take exaggerated care that your comment with a link contributes to the video you are watching, this way you will avoid letting yourself be seen as desperate to increase the reproductions in YouTube.
6. Cross-media and SEO.
When generating a good digital marketing strategy, it is essential to consider cross-media. YouTube is no exception.
Share your video on other social networks and attract your fans from other platforms to your YouTube channel.
Remember that the content inside the web is infinite, so you have to stand out somehow.
Implementing a good web positioning strategy within the links will be your best option.
7. Publish Frequently.
Take advantage of smartphones and cameras that record in high quality to make short videos that do not exceed 3 minutes in length.
It has been verified that after this time the attention of the users declines.
You can make videos with a particular theme such as: “cooking in 3 minutes”, “Smartphone features”, humorous segments or just sing a song.
Also, you could give it a commercial twist and publish tutorial videos about the products and services you offer.
The issue of frequency and number of videos is key to generate subscribers in the channel. Set a goal and plan your content.
For example, you can plan the launch of one video per week, every 15 days, monthly, etc.
It is important that you do not fail to meet this objective. Consistency is the key.
8. Set up a Good Profile for your Channel.
Personalize the channel. Add links to your website, social networks, blog. Add an avatar and cover photo. Be yourself. Customizing the channel is important to give a good impression to those who come to your videos.
Remember that you can highlight the video that you would like to see more so that the visitor is tempted to see it.
9. Encourage your Community
As you do on other social networks, you can encourage the community to leave their comments by asking a closing question on the videos that appeals directly to the viewer.
Or you can launch a slogan for other users to emit a video-answer. The number of views and comments and the frequency with which you launch the videos directly impact the rating of your videos for YouTube.
10. List and Link to Other Videos.
YouTube allows you to place annotations of links to other videos. Use them to generate more visualizations in your videos. Also, you can create a list and add all the videos of the same theme.
In this way each time you finish a video of yours will automatically play another.
This option is ideal for those who want to venture into the format of novels, series or chapters on YouTube.
How to create a YouTube list?
- Click on the “Add to” button of the videos you want to list.
- Enter the name of the new playlist.
- Click on create list
- Then to all the videos that you want to add to that list you just have to check the name of the list that you have created.
How to create YouTube annotations?
- Go to the channel’s video manager.
- Next to the video you want to edit, click the down arrow to the right of the “Edit” button and select annotations.
- Click the Add Annotation button to the right.
- Click Publish when you’re done creating annotations.
- Remember to tag each video to appear in the YouTube search engine when someone is looking for content like the one you offer.
11. Spread the word by Sharing on Blogs, Social Networks, and Sending Emails.
Remember that YouTube allows you to broadcast your videos to other social networks… do it!
It’s a good way to get new subscribers. Blogs also allow you to insert YouTube links.
If you have a blog do not hesitate to share your new audiovisual initiative through this space.
Sending emails is still very effective. Don’t discard it. Send it to all your contacts.
12. Link-building and Video-responses
Leave the link of your video in the comments of other videos of similar characteristics.
Also, it works to leave video-responses to the videos of people who have many visualizations in their channel with content referring to what they are developing.
Paste the link of your video in sites and blogs that talk about the theme you have developed in your video.
According to Google Support, there are inadmissible practices for YouTube, which we recommend you take into account, check this statement:
What strategies to increase YouTube views are not allowed?
- Services that attempt to increase the number of views automatically or that somehow trick viewers into watching a video are not acceptable. This may include the following:
- Buying views from external websites (for example, paying ten US dollars in exchange for 10,000 views).
- Fraudulent designs on third-party websites that can trick viewers into playing a video by clicking on unrelated elements on the page; publish underlying windows: a new window that opens below the current window; redirect – happens when the URL changes and sends the user to a new page by clicking a link.
For further information you can visit:
Maybe you are also looking for:
I well understand it. I can help with the question decision.